Tuesday 15 June 2010

Getting Lost




The other day my husband went on a very long cycle-ride during which his chain snapped. I went to fetch him and got very lost. I got so lost in fact, that I had to pull over to the side of the road and cry.
At times like that I always forget that this is a moment that will pass. I think the sky is falling on my head and I will be lost forever.  I forget that I am in a tunnel and that the tunnel has an end and that the light will shine.
I always forget that Summer comes back, that I will once again run by the brook, that the tide will wash up shells on the beach, that I will laugh with my sisters, that I will make new friends and that I will dance and sing with my children. I forget that I will once again hear Mozart and be amazed by a poem and eat an artichoke and be loved.
I know that I am going to get lost again some time soon but next time will be different, I swear. 
I am going to be still, breathe out and remember that this will pass.
 I will find my way again.

Beef and Broccoli stir fry
Ingredients
3 cups chopped broccoli – bite sized
1 onion chopped
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
4 garlic cloves –crushed
I teaspoon garlic
Bola steak- sliced bite size
1 teaspoon beef stock powder
½ cup water
3 tablespoons soy sauce
Method
Fry onion and broccoli in oil for 4 minutes. Add garlic, ginger and steak. Fry for 5 minutes.
Mix the beef stock powder, water and soy sauce in a bowl, then add to the meat and broccoli. Stir.
Serve with rice or angel-hair pasta to which you’ve added 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons roasted sesame oil and 2 tablespoons of sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment